Wednesday 17 February 2010

Technology fast

It's Ash Wednesday; I still haven't decided what to give up. Although a detailed perusal of my diary suggests that booze is out of the question. I think it's going to be about bible action on the positive - & I've lined up a load of books to read ont this. Interestingly, I've been reading the bible on the Morning and Evening prayer rotas this month and it's been great

However, I like very much the church's call for a technology fast. Actually they call for a reduction in carbon, but most of those are boring. However, I will do two, and more strictly than they call for.

Have a technology fast. Try a day with no TV, no iPod, no computer, and even no mobile. Five days in Lent (vs their one a month) is target. Dates TBC with Anna, but should default to all Sundays. And, for those thinking about it, I am aware of the irony given my job.

Be a part-time veggie. Aim to eat at least two vegetarian meals every week. This is hard. I gave up meat once (in 2006), but I forgot about halfway through. Here though I want two veg days a week, not just two meals. Will have to think about recipes (though without cheating and using the Internet)


I'll also give up crisps.

No comments: